Wheel of Fortune fans want to know who is replacing Pat Sajak. As TV Shows Ace previously reported, the queen and king of the classic game show talked about the possibility of leaving. Pat has previously said that he won’t be the host of the game show forever. He can see it running for another 40 years without him. However, Vanna White admits that she doesn’t want to see their run end just yet. Keep reading to learn more.
Pat Sajak warns the end is near
Back in September, Pat Sajak teased that his time on Wheel of Fortune may come to an end. The 75-year-old didn’t share his retirement plans. However, he admitted that he’s not going to be hosting the game show forever. Pat and Vanna White renewed their contracts into 2024.
“Years go by fast. We’re getting near the end. It’s been a long [time],” Pat Sajak said in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. “We’re not gonna do this for another 40 years. The end is near. … It’s an honor to have been in people’s living rooms for that long. People were out there welcoming us. We’re happy and proud.”
He didn’t share any more details. However, his comments had Wheel of Fortune fans buzzing. Pat didn’t specify how “near” the end may be. Since they already had their contract renewals, he and his co-host will still front the show as part of the 2023-2024 seasons. Pat did talk about the show’s impressive run since 1975.
“In most television shows by this time, you would have said, ‘That’s probably enough,’ but this show will not die,” Pat Sajak said. “It appears I may go before the show.”
Wheel of Fortune became the longest-running syndicated game show in the U.S. It has inspired several spinoffs across the globe. The game show is an international juggernaut. It even has its own primetime spinoff called Celebrity Wheel of Fortune.
Who will replace the Wheel of Fortune host?
Fans already know who will replace the Wheel of Fortune host. It’s become apparent since his daughter Maggie Sajak debuted in Season 39 as a social media correspondent. In the Reddit thread, fans shared their thoughts on who could become the new host. Many agree that Pat is keeping it in the family. Some are split as to whether Maggie will replace Vanna or Pat.
- “I think she’s taking over for Pat.”
- “Nepotism at best!”
- “The whole Maggie Sajak thing annoys me to no end. I cringe whenever they show her made-up ‘social correspondent’ job.”
- “Yup! Thought they could just slip her in. It would be great if someone else had the chance to prove themselves.”
- “She’ll take over for Pat and that’s the just way the world goes. Rich people set up their young to have it made. You’ll see it to your dying days.”
What are your thoughts? Who do you think is replacing Pat Sajak? Do you think it will be his daughter? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Wheel of Fortune.
- Katy Perry Flaunts Long Legs In Yellow Dress & Psychedelic Platforms - May 10, 2023
- ‘WoF’: Maggie Does Vanna White Proud, Pat Sajak Emotional - May 10, 2023
- ‘Today’: Hoda Kotb & Savannah Guthrie Caught Andy Cohen In Lie - May 10, 2023