The DWTS semifinals will begin this Monday night. The competition is down to the top six couples. By the end of the night, only four will remain and advance to the season finale.
At the moment, the remaining couples are hard at work in the rehearsal room. This week, they will have to learn two new dance styles and impress the judges. Learning one dance in a week is challenging enough on its own. Can they handle another one?
Fans will have to tune into Dancing With The Stars this week to see for themselves.
The top six prepare to take on the DWTS semifinals
At the end of 90s Night, the competition lost two competitors. Heidi D’Amelio and Artem Chigvintsev were eliminated, along with Vinny Guadagnino and first-time pro Koko Iwasaki. Each couple gave it their best shot, but two couples had to leave. There will be another double-elimination at the end of the DWTS semifinals and everyone wants a spot in the finale.
Here is the setlist for the first round of the night:
- Daniel Durant & Britt Stewart — Viennese Waltz to “Surprise Yourself” by Jack Garratt
- Charli D’Amelio & Mark Ballas — Viennese Waltz to “Glimpse of Us” by Joji
- Wayne Brady & Witney Carson — Paso Doble to “Beggin” by Maneskin
- Shangela & Gleb Savchenko — Paso Doble to “The Edge Of Glory” by Lady Gaga
- Gabby Windey & Val Chmerkovskiy — Waltz to “I’m Kissing You” by Des’ree
- Trevor Donovan & Emma Slater — Cha Cha to “Satisfied” by Galantis ft. MAX
And here is the setlist for round two:
- Daniel Durant & Britt Stewart — Samba to “Light It Up (Remix)” by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG
- Charli D’Amelio & Mark Ballas — Paso Doble to “Espana Cani” by Pascual Marquina
- Wayne Brady & Witney Carson — Viennese Waltz to “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” by James Brown
- Shangela & Gleb Savchenko — Viennese Waltz to “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston
- Gabby Windey & Val Chmerkovskiy — Paso Doble to “Malagueña” by Brian Setzer
- Trevor Donovan & Emma Slater — Viennese Waltz to “Count on Me” by Judah Kelly
Which routine are you most excited to see? Share your thoughts in the comments!
Carrie Ann Inaba is tired of dealing with some of the pros
The DWTS pro dancers are incredibly talented individuals. And sometimes, they don’t respond well to the judges’ critiques. Earlier in the season, Carrie Ann Inaba called out Emma Slater for booing from the skybox. And this week, the judge posted a lengthy response on her Instagram page, addressing Artem Chigvintsev’s comments after his elimination.
However, some fans think that Carrie Ann is being a little touchy here. In Artem’s exit interview, he expressed his disappointment but didn’t have anything particularly harsh to say. Many agreed that the Chmerkovskiy brothers have said worse things and were excused.
Don’t forget to catch the DWTS semifinals this Monday night at 8 PM eastern time! Check back for more Dancing With The Stars news.
- ‘1000-Lb Best Friends’: Meghan’s Finally Out Of The Arnold House? - December 1, 2023
- ‘DWTS’ Season 32 Finale: Check Out The Final Five’s Routines - November 30, 2023
- ‘DWTS’ Married Couple Pasha & Daniella Face Off In The Finale - November 29, 2023