The Goldbergs star Hayley Orrantia took to her Instagram this week with a very somber post for her 283K followers — she had suffered a tragic loss. Someone close to her had passed away.
The Goldbergs: Hayley Orrantia Suffers Tragic Loss
Hayley Orrantia noted that it was with “a heavy heart” that she had some sad news to share with her Instagram followers. Sadly, her sweet dog, Gizmo, was dead. The death of her furbaby was extra tragic as it came just two days before his 15th birthday.
The young actress took some piece of mind in knowing her beloved dog Gizmo lived an “amazing life” prior to his passing. In addition to sharing a photo of herself snuggled up with her furbaby, Hayley Orrantia also recalled some of her fond memories of her baby.
“Gizmo was attached at the hip to my father and travelled all over the country with us as a family. He took on more than the role of the family dog and has been there through many ups and downs. He was deeply loved by us and our friends and he will be incredibly missed.”
View this post on Instagram
Her fans and co-stars rushed in to support her
Her sad post about her tragic loss was flooded with the support of both her fans and her co-stars. Many actresses and actors who had the pleasure of working with Haley on the set of The Goldbergs showered Haley with support.
Wendi McLendon-Covey exclaimed: “I’m so sorry! Sending you so much love!”
AJ Michalka cried: “GIZMO! I’m so sorry Hayley 😢 I love him.”
Sean Giambrone added: “So sorry Hayley, love you.”
At a loss for words, her on-screen husband Sam Lerner penned simply Gizmo’s name with sad faces and hearts.
Here’s some of what her fans had to say in the comments of her upsetting post:
- “My cat passed away 3 years ago today. It is such a hard time because you are losing family and the heartache is real. Hugs to you.”
- “I recently had to put down a beloved fur baby due to in incurable illness so I understand the pain you have right now. I also know that my dog has been sending me signs all the time letting me know she’s doing just wonderfully across the Rainbow Bridge. Look for signs I bet your beloved Gizmo is letting you know all as well. Lots of hugs.”
While the actress didn’t have a huge following on social media, there was nothing but love for her during this tragic time.
For the most part, Haley’s followers kept their responses simple and just paid their respects. Some, however, tried to give The Goldbergs star hope with relatable stories of losing a pet.
- Todd & Julie Chrisley’s Family Call Many Times Amid First 2 Weeks - January 28, 2023
- Fans Rip Clueless Savannah Chrisley For Ignoring The Facts - January 27, 2023
- Traumatized Lindsie Chrisley Tries To Collect Herself - January 27, 2023