Sister Wives fans are lucky in the sense that they can follow several of the cast members for updates on social media. However, they are starting to get impatient with the network that airs the series. They have a fairly good reason for their dismay and vented it via a Reddit thread.
Sister Wives Fans Follow The Browns From Utah And Beyond
Faithful viewers have seen the family from the beginning of the show’s inception in early 2010. Initially, it was just Kody and his OG three wives, Meri, Janelle, and Christine. Along with the three wives came twelve children plus one bun in the oven. Yet there was one new puzzle piece as Kody was courting a possible fourth wife. Robyn lived five hours away in another part of Utah and he would frequently go visit her until he proposed. Then, the family moved her much closer to the single-family home they resided in so he no longer had to commute. She brought along three children from a prior relationship.
After they got married, meshing everyone was a challenge but it got even harder as Season 2 came to an end. Kody began to fear for his safety with his lifestyle being exposed so the family made a quick decision. They all packed up and moved to Las Vegas. At one point it looked like ratings might be going down so the Browns took a pay cut to keep the show on the air. In 2018, they proceeded to purchase a lot in Flagstaff and move again. 2020 brought the pandemic and even further divided them with Janelle’s sons battling with their dad. Finally, Season 16 ended with Christine leaving the family and divorcing Kody.
A few months back, Robyn and Meri shared they were filming for Season 17 of Sister Wives. Christine’s son, Paedon also confirmed his mom had been filming despite living in Utah. However, fans want to know where this elusive season is. So, they took to Reddit to share their frustration with TLC and attempt to get answers:
- “TLC: When the heck is the new season?? I believe that Mckelti is having her babies in November/December and we haven’t even seen Avalon be born yet. It’s getting pretty ridiculous if they don’t air it until next fall.”
- “It seems like TLC doesn’t even care. It’s bizarre. I can’t think of another show that’s so clearly dated by the time it airs.”
- “It seems like it takes them way more time to put a season together for this show than others. Probably because they’ve become boring and don’t really have a lot going on that would be appealing to viewers.”
- “We’ve missed so much! And no new update from TLC about if they’re even gonna show it yet. If they don’t show it sooner than this upcoming Fall, we’ll be waiting 2 years for 2 seasons!! They better do back to back seasons.”
The last part of the tell-all aired at the end of February 2022. Typically, new seasons air about seven months to one year apart. For example, Seasons 13 and 14 aired one year apart whereas 14 and 15 were over one year apart. As for 15 and 16, they were seven months apart so this could air toward the end of the year or early 2023.
Are you excited about the new season? Let us know in the comments below.
- Candace Owens Praised As Brilliant For ‘Convicting A Murderer’ - September 23, 2023
- Shannon Beador Living With OC Alum Post-Arrest? - September 23, 2023
- ‘DWTS’ Alfonso Ribeiro Reveals Severe Head Injury - September 23, 2023