Mayim Bialik is having major beef with Jeopardy! fans. She’s been mocked for the way that she hosts the quiz show. Fans have wondered if she will ever keep up with the pace. Others don’t like the way that she talks to the constants. They feel that Bialik acts like a teacher rather than a game show.
As TV Show Ace previously reported, fans are calling for her to get canceled. They didn’t like the way that Bialik lost her cool during the first round of Jeopardy! They feel like she was “snippy” towards current champ Eric Ahasic. This comes after one contestant claimed the actress and show “bullied” him.
Mayim Bialik is not so flawless?
Some fans agreed on the one thing Mayim Bialik does that drives them crazy. One fan brought it up on the Jeopardy! subreddit. They noticed that the actress “relies” on the production team to inform her if a contestant’s response is correct or incorrect. They noticed the awkward pause that indicates that Bialik is waiting for confirmation from the producers.
“If Mayim relies on the producers for her to affirm a contestant’s correct/incorrect response, why aren’t the pauses edited in post-production?” the Reddit user wrote. “Wouldn’t it reflect better on her and the show if there is a more presentable finished product?”
That fan noted it’s awkward whenever Mayim Bialik doesn’t use her own instinct. Fans think she’s smart enough and well-aware enough to make that call for herself. It makes for an awkward game play. Other fans took to the thread to share their thoughts:
- “It’s my biggest critique of her performance as host. Is it that she’s too cautious? I’d rather her rely on what she knows and let the judges clean it up during the breaks.”
- “I’m not sure that I would want them to edit pauses out but I would like to see more confidence in her confirmation to keep the pace going. It’s not a huge difference in time but lags the pace of the game.”
- “I can’t wait for Ken back.”
- “… Or they could just get someone who doesn’t suck at the job.”
- “Honestly, I’ve stopped watching when she hosts. Her entire demeanor is a distraction and really ruins the game.”
Do the Jeopardy! hosts review the material?
Mayim Bialik previously shared a makeup-free selfie of herself with the Jeopardy! clues before filming. Fans noticed that she accidentally leaked some of the responses before the un-aired episode. It’s common for Jeopardy! hosts to review the questions and answers before each show. It normally doesn’t happen in front of such a large social media following.
Hosting a show can be hard even if you have the answers in front of you. Mayim Bialik probably wants to be doubly sure before moving out. One fan argued that editing out the pauses would ruin the flow of the show. While another mentioned that it’s Bialik’s responsibility to pick up the pace.
What are your thoughts? Do you agree that Mayim Bialik brings down the pace of the show? Do you find her pauses annoying? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Mayim Bialik.
- ‘Today’ Al Roker Shares Quick Health Update With Fans - September 30, 2022
- ‘GMA’ Fans Attack Ginger Zee Over Her Actions During Coverage - September 30, 2022
- ‘Celebrity WoF’: Pat Sajak Jokes About Twitter Controversy? - September 30, 2022