- Whitney Way Thore Highlights Weight Loss In Olive Green Dress - March 22, 2023
- Whitney Way Thore Updates On Papa Glenn After Babs’ Death - March 22, 2023
- Chase Chrisley Teases His Family’s Return To Television? - March 21, 2023
Sad Bravo news making rounds this morning as Grayson Smiley-Arroyo, son of Real Housewives of Orange County (RHOC) alum Slade Smiley, has been confirmed dead at the young age of 22. It was the Bravo star’s fiancé, Gretchen Rossi, who took to her own Instagram profile to break the tragic news. Have the details regarding Grayson Smiley-Arroyo’s cause of death been revealed yet? Keep reading for all the sad details regarding his tragic passing.
RHOC: Grayson Smiley-Arroyo, Slade Smiley’s Son Dead At 22
Gretchen Rossi took to Instagram last night to tell her 979K Instagram followers that Slade Smiley’s son, Grayson, was dead. At the beginning of her post, she admitted that there was a rational part of both her mind and Slade’s mind that knew all too well there was a chance this day would come to pass. In their hearts, however, they held onto hope that they would never have to say goodbye to Grayson.
While his cause of death wasn’t stated outright in the post, Bravo fans know Slade’s son was diagnosed with cancer back in 2006. His mother, Michelle Arroyo, also took to Instagram to break the news of his passing. Her post came two hours prior to Gretchen Rossi’s post. Unlike Gretchen’s post, Michelle did share the details of her son’s passing along with a very sweet photo of him.
View this post on Instagram
His mother penned: “It was very unexpected as last week he had CSF drawn from his shunts and they adjusted the valve setting of his shunt and he was doing much better.”
His heart stopped here at home and I performed chest compressions to get it going until the paramedics arrived and took over. When he left for the hospital he looked good and was breathing on his own but his heart gave out again at the hospital.”
Gretchen Rossi added as she shared her tribute to the young man: “He fought everyday through his pain and discomfort to find joy in the smallest of things. He was always singing & dancing & laughing despite his circumstances.”
View this post on Instagram
Bravo fans rally behind the grieving family
At the end of her post, Gretchen Rossi asked Bravo fans for privacy so the family could mourn this sudden and unbearable loss. While fans were happy to respect this, it didn’t stop them from pouring into the comments of both her post and Michelle’s post with kind words and prayers. Many reality TV stars including several Bravo personalities also poured into the comments of both posts. Here’s some of what fans and fellow Bravo stars had to say:
- “Michelle I’m so deeply sorry to hear about Grayson’s passing. Thank you for sharing a little part of his beautiful life with those of us who never gave up hope and always believed in a miracle. My heart touches yours during this time.”
- “I am so deeply sorry. Grayson is free now and no more hospitals. No more machines. No more tubes. Totally and happily free. I am sending you and all who loved Gray so much love and light.”
- “Sending your family love and light. So very sorry to hear the news.”
Grayson Smiley, the son of #RHOC alum Slade Smiley, passed away on Sunday, according to his mother, Michelle.
Sending our condolences to Grayson's family. May he rest in peace. 💔🙏🏻 pic.twitter.com/g0JpBGzqhO
— AllAboutTRH (@AllAboutTRH) February 8, 2023
Rest in peace, Grayson Smiley-Arroyo.