The View is trying to give away free tickets. This comes amid the backlash with one of its co-hosts. It seems like the show is trying to attract fans back. Free tickets might be tempting for some people. Keep on reading to learn more.
ABC talk show deals with more backlash
The View fans have lashed out against Whoopi Goldberg, who made more anti-Semitic comments. Most of them took to Twitter to call her out. She spoke to The Times about her new film Till. Yet, she brought up the comments she made about the Holocaust and the Jewish community on The View back in January 2022.
“My best friend said, ‘Not for nothing is there no box on the census for the Jewish race,'” Whoopi Goldberg said. “So that leads me to believe that we’re probably not a race.”
Most of the fans caught wind of those latest comments. They called for her firing from The View. Even Jewish leaders called for her firing. Whoopi released a statement in lieu of the backlash. She claimed that she wasn’t doubling down on the prior comments she made on The View.
- “@TheView bringing American TV viewers their daily dose of racism.”
- “@TheView Whoopi Goldberg has repeated her slur that got her suspended from your show. So now it’s time to make that suspension permanent. She clearly learned nothing from her hateful rhetoric.”
- “Here Whoopi Goldberg goes again talking about ABC & the Jews! When will she learn? She needs to be banned from TV altogether nobody wants to listen to her BS.”
Is The View trying to attract fans?
In light of the backlash, The View is trying to attract fans to its show. The daytime talk show is giving away free tickets. Fans are now able to sign up for free tickets to the ABC talk show in New York City. Per The U.S. Sun, the show sent a “special invite” to its “loyal fans.”
The email includes a promo code to get free tickets to attend one of its shows later this month. Guests would normally register to purchase tickets on the website. This comes amid the ongoing backlash involving the show’s moderator.
As TV Shows Ace previously reported, Whoopi received preferential treatment in a recent taping. Producers encouraged the audience to cheer for her while ignoring her co-hosts. This could be their way of attracting people to the show even though fans still think Whoopi should be fired.
What are your thoughts? Do you think The View is trying to lure fans with free tickets? Did you get an invite? If so, do you plan on attending a live taping? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on The View.
- Joy Behar Tells ‘The View’ Guest To Get A New Dentist - February 5, 2023
- Fans Go Nuts Over Kourtney Kardashian’s Latest Tableware - February 5, 2023
- Khloe Kardashian Pregnant Again, Flaunts Baby Bump? - February 5, 2023