Ryan Seacrest and Andy Cohen hosted New Year’s Eve specials on different networks. On Saturday night (December 31), Ryan co-hosted Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve with actress Liza Koshy on ABC. Meanwhile, Ryan co-hosted New Year’s Eve Live over on CNN with Anderson Cooper.
This comes amid Ryan’s rumored feud with Andy. He took a swipe at the Bravo host in an interview leading up to the big show last week. Ryan shared that he supports CNN’s no-drinking rule during the live broadcast. Anderson and Andy remained sober, and yet fans weren’t happy.
Keep on reading to learn more.
Viewers share their support for Andy Cohen
Fans sided with Andy Cohen on New Year’s Eve. They felt that CNN’s special was a little “dry” without the annual drinking. Fans begged the cable network to backtrack on the decision to not allow anchors to drink on New Year’s Eve. Andy and his co-host Anderson drank mystery drinks throughout the night, which included a dry bloody mary and pickle juice.
They toasted every hour with the strange non-alcoholic cocktails. It was a demure affair compared to last year when Andy had a little too much to drink and blabbed on air. However, fans wanted Andy and Anderson to drink. They took to Twitter to blame Ryan Seacrest for the decision, even though he’s not involved with the network.
Fans argued that the American Idol host ruined Andy’s night. Most of them accused Ryan of keeping the spirits from flowing. Andy and Anderson interviewed many celebrities that night, most of which who poked fun at their sober celebration. Here are just some of the tweets:
- “Screw Ryan Seacrest for being a crybaby and ruining NYE on CNN. I demand to see Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper downing tequila.”
- “Funny that @RyanSeacrest would applaud CNN’s reduced alcohol NYE. Alcohol is the only way people can take to actually enjoy Seacrest or think he has any talent!”
- “I was going to boycott #CNNNYE this year because @CNN sucks now but Dick Clark’s ‘Rockin New Years Eve with Ryan Seacrest’ is f***ing insufferable so Andy & Anderson here I come!”
Other fans boycott Ryan Seacrest
As you can see, some of the fans even boycotted Ryan Seacrest’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve. They’re not happy with the television personality. It all started last year when Andy drunkenly called out Ryan’s show after having too many shots of tequila. He apologized for what he said and admits that he’s a “huge fan” of the producer.
During last night’s broadcast, Andy and Anderson addressed the no-drinking rule without directly mentioning it. Anderson said it’s “not a big deal” for him since he doesn’t normally drink. He asked Andy if he “was going to make it” the rest of the night.
The Watch What Happens Live host admitted that he had a “pocket full of edibles.” What are your thoughts? Do you think Ryan Seacrest ruined Andy Cohen’s fun? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Ryan Seacrest.
- Fans Urge Ryan Seacrest To Take Cooking Lessons? - February 5, 2023
- Kylie Jenner Hustling For Cash After Makeup Brand Dies? - February 5, 2023
- Halle Bailey Shows Leggy Display In Sheer Micro-Mini Dress - February 5, 2023