Super Sized Salon star Jamie Lopez has been confirmed dead at the age of 37. This plus-size fashionista was the owner of Babydoll Beauty Couture, a beauty salon located in Clark County, Nevada. According to TMZ, sources close to the beauty salon owner revealed she was in a hospital in Las Vegas at the time of her passing.
Super Sized Salon: Jamie Lopez dead at 37
Sources close to the Super Sized Salon star confirmed Jamie Lopez died over the weekend. Her cause of death was reportedly related to heart complications. A representative of the 37-year-old said in an official statement: “We regretfully announce, with great pain, the passing of The Founder & Owner of Babydoll Beauty Couture, The Legendary Jamie Lopez. We ask, on behalf of the Babydoll family, that you allow us time to process this tremendous loss.”
Labeled as an SSBBW (super-sized big beautiful woman), Jamie Lopez once weighed as much as 846 pounds. While confined to her bed because of her size, Jamie managed to design a beauty salon. Super Sized Salon followed Jamie as she lost over 400 pounds and was able to set foot in her beauty salon for the very first time.
View this post on Instagram
Inspired by her own struggles, Jamie Lopez created Babydoll Beauty Couture as a place to service plus-sized women. Super Sized Salon premiered Season 1 earlier this year on WEtv. In addition to highlighting her, the series also highlights the staff and customers at the salon. Sadly, the series had been renewed for a second season. Jamie Lopez was gearing up to start filming Season 2 at the time of her passing.
Just two hours ago, the beauty salon’s official Instagram posted a beautiful tribute to Jamie. In the comments of the Instagram tribute, her fans were absolutely gutted by her passing. Many noted she had the personality that people just instantly fell in love with. Here’s some of what people said in the comments:
- “I’m sorry to read this. I instantly fell in love with all of you when I stumbled across the show. She was so sweet – Rest In Paradise.”
- “OMG. I am so sorry to her family and friends. I was looking forward to season 2. You all were awsome.”
- “She hired me on several occasions and she was nothing but a professional. Her hustle was nonstop. So sad to hear of her passing. All Gods graces and prayers to her family. Goodnight Jamie and thank you.”
Rest in peace, Jamie Lopez.
- Julian Sands’ Aerial Searches Continue, Hiking Partner Speaks Out - February 4, 2023
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson’s Mom In Serious Car Crash - February 4, 2023
- Todd & Julie Chrisley Initially Barred From Communicating - February 3, 2023