Subscribers to Disney+ can look forward to an excellent November. Streaming giant Disney+ is celebrating a milestone.
On November 12, the second anniversary of the network will usher in new content, surprises, and fan favorites, enhancing the subscriber packages.
Subscribers to the service get an inaugural Disney+ Day fan celebration on Disney+, including breaking news, first looks, new trailers, exclusive clips, and appearances from Disney+ creators and stars.
The day falls at a time ahead of the holiday season when most of us have more free time to binge and watch TV. Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons, are set to debut all-new content and exclusive programming coming your way.
November: Disney+ New Content For Subscribers
Friday, November 12, The Walt Disney Company will host Disney+ Day, a global celebration for subscribers to Disney+.
There will be new content releases across Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Star in international markets, along with a special presentation on Disney+ for fans with sneak peeks into what’s to come.
Additionally, Disney+ expanded into new Asia-Pacific markets on November 12.
For the second anniversary of Disney+, subscribers will have access to promotions and experiences across the Company. In addition, Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide and Disney Cruise Line will offer Disney+ fans photo opportunities, character moments, and more surprises.
Also, shopDisney.com will have special offers. Popular network shows and syndicated series will join in the celebration and talent and series across ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN+, Freeform, FX, Hulu, National Geographic in the U.S., and owned channels abroad.
“The inaugural Disney+ Day will be a grand-scale celebration of our subscribers across the entire company,” said Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company, in a press statement to TV Shows Ace. “This day of appreciation brings to life our mission to entertain, inform, and inspire fans and families around the globe through the power of unparalleled storytelling, and will become an annual tentpole event to be amplified across our global businesses.”
Disney+ Day will feature content premieres from all of the marquee brands
- The streaming premiere of Marvel Studios’ “Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.”
- The Disney family-friendly adventure film Jungle Cruise, available to all subscribers
- The new Disney+ Original movie Home Sweet Home Alone, a reimagining of the popular holiday franchise
- A new original series of shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios called Olaf Presents sees Frozen’s beloved snowman retelling several classic Disney tales as only he can
- The domestic Disney+ streaming debut of fan-favorite shorts from Walt Disney Animation Studios, including Frozen Fever, Oscar®winning shorts Feast and ‘Paperman, Oscar-nominated Mickey Mouse short, Get A Horse! and more.
- The premiere of the animated short film Ciao Alberto from Pixar also includes characters from this summer’s animated hit film Luca.
- A new short from The Simpsons that pays tribute to Disney+’s marquee brands
- The first five episodes from season 2 of The World According to Jeff Goldblum from National Geographic
- A special celebrating the origins of Star Wars’ legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett
- A special celebrating the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ with a look towards the future
- Dopesick, an original series starring Michael Keaton, released in international markets as part of the Star general entertainment content offering
Global Launches in South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong
Disney+ will debut in South Korea and Taiwan on November 12 and in Hong Kong on November 16.