The Blended Bunch is a new TLC show and the network dropped a teaser for it on Instagram on Thursday. Fans who reacted to the footage seem there for it. So, it looks like the network found yet another family-friendly winner. The storyline revolves around a couple who met and married 13 months earlier. And they raise a brood of 11 kids aged from 12 to 3.
The Blended Bunch teaser reveals some wholesome moments
We reported that Spencer and Erica Shemwell met through an online widow support group. Now they married, the couple lives together and raises their kids as one big family. It looks like a blend of tragedy, heartbreak, and a whole bunch of fun. Some drama comes from Erica’s family and her brother Quinn disagrees with her marrying so soon after her bereavement. Plus, he worries about the added pressure of all those kids. He also feels very strongly that Spencer shouldn’t adopt Erica’s kids and change their surname.
But a lot of fun scenes also come up. And Spencer makes a big effort when it comes to bantering with the kids. The teaser opens with everyone traveling in their van. Spencer announces that it’s “the captain speaking,” and the boys enjoy it when he says they might hit “some turbulence.” Then he tells Emma and Harper to not “quit arguing,” which makes the girls laugh. The teaser for The Blended Bunch then cuts to where Erica explains that she brought seven of the kids into the family and Spencer brought four.
Background and some emotional scenes
The TLC teaser next takes fans down memory lane so they understand the background. There, fans see flashback photos of Erica and her deceased husband, Tony. And then it covers something of Spencer’s former life with his deceased wife Amelia. He shed some tears, so it’s a bit of an emotional scene in The Blended Bunch. But the fun stuff starts after that. As the couple kisses in the kitchen, all the kids at the dining table yell at them good-naturedly. Later, fans see clips of potty training and more.
In the comments section of the teaser, TLC fans reacted well. Here’s what some of them said about The Blended Bunch:
- “so excited to watch this!!!! such amazing people!”
- “Im here for this.”
- “I can’t wait! This looks like it’s going to be a great series 👏.”
- “Now this is a show I will watch! I’m a bonus mom of 2.”
- “Nice they both found love again but that must be a zoo! 🦁🐯🙉🦓🦒🐘lol😂.”
- “Erica seems wonderful & the best bonus parent ever! He hit Gold with her heart looks so huge as well. “
One fan disliked Erica’s brother Quinn who argued against adoption. But he replied, saying, “Hi I’m Erica’s brother. She still likes me so you shall see 😎.”
The Blended Bunch premieres on TLC on Tuesday, March 16 at 9/8c.
- ‘DDWTD’ Karen Cuts Teen Darian Derrico Loose – First Taste Of Freedom - June 28, 2021
- Emma Johnston All Teeth, Enjoys Spicy Sweet 16 Bash With Friends - June 28, 2021
- Amy Roloff Says ‘Never Goodbye’ But ‘Til We Meet Again, Dad’ - June 28, 2021