- ‘DDWTD’ Karen Cuts Teen Darian Derrico Loose – First Taste Of Freedom - June 28, 2021
- Emma Johnston All Teeth, Enjoys Spicy Sweet 16 Bash With Friends - June 28, 2021
- Amy Roloff Says ‘Never Goodbye’ But ‘Til We Meet Again, Dad’ - June 28, 2021
90 Day Fiance fans followed Ashley Martson’s time in the hospital. When found unresponsive at her home, and after being rushed to the hospital, word came out that she might need a kidney transplant. Friends set up a GoFundMe account to help raise money to cover her medical expenses. However, Ashley took it down before it reached the target amount.
’90 Day Fiance’ fans donate to GoFundMe
The GoFundMe project started on January 13 with an initial target of $2,500, and then reset to $5,000. However, it only reached $3,860 before Ashley surprised 90 Day Fiance fans, and took it down. The project raised the money in six days, by 168 people. Certainly, that seems like only a few of the followers bothered to donate, given the thousands of followers she accumulated since the TLC show started.
Ashley avoided a kidney transplant through dialysis and finally went home under the care of health workers this weekend. Now, she took to Instagram to speak about the fundraiser, and for the first time in weeks, enabled commenting again. In her post that thanked everyone who donated, and stressed the debilitation that Lupus brings, Ashley explained why she stopped it before it met the target.
Ashley Martson takes down medical fundraiser
Ashley explained that she took down the fundraiser, via the “No Longer Accepting Donations” option. The fundraiser, while short of the target, reached enough for medical expenses and left some over to cover her loss of earnings. Therefore, she felt it right to stop accepting donations, as it wasn’t about profit. As 90 Day Fiance stars fairly often try and use GoFundMe to raise money, this came as a surprise to some follows of the TLC show. Here’s what some of them had to say about it:
- @its_caribe: “I think it was noble of you to stop accepting donations when you raised enough…”
- @mamajenn7: “I have HUGE respect for the fact that you chose to take the fundraiser down and not raise funds beyond what you really needed. I think that’s literally the first time I’ve ever seen someone do that. (I’m so happy you did get what you needed though!)I wish you all the best and hope you continue to feel a little better every day. “
Nevertheless, a few people suggested that she could have kept the fundraiser going to donate to the Lupus Foundation.
Ashley’s Lupus could help others
While Lupus makes Ashley’s life extremely difficult, many fellow-sufferers appreciate that Ashley’s not hiding her illness from 90 Day Fiance fans. They note that with the reach Ashley has these days, it’s wonderful that she talks about it. Too many of them feel that the illness doesn’t get enough public attention. Certainly, Ashley could help to bring awareness that seems sadly lacking.
What do you think about Ashley Martson closing down the GoFundMe before it reached the full target? Would you, in similar circumstances, do the same thing?
Remember to follow TV Shows Ace to stay in touch with news about 90 Day Fiance.