While it isn’t unusual for The View panelist to speak their minds, there are times it comes across harsher than others. In Thursday’s episode of The View, Joy Behar makes it very clear she isn’t a big fan of Travis Kelce. Even more so, she hopes Taylor Swift recognizes he is an “idiot” and doesn’t get stuck with him.
Joy Behar Opens Discussion About Travis Kelce
In the discussions on The View Thursday, Joy Behar doesn’t let it slide that she thinks Travis Kelce is stupid. Referring to a questionable social media post fans discovered. She addresses the “disparaging comments [he wrote] about women” in 2010 on his social media. Joy says, “Here’s one of his [tweets].” As she continues her argument, “‘Damn, the Clippers girls gotta be the girls that don’t make the Lakers team ’cause they was all ugly.’”
Additionally, Joy Behar presents more to her case as she quotes two more of his old posts:
- “Why can’t girls hide they back fat?”
- “I feel like if you want to be a cheerleader, you have to pass a beauty test. There’s too many ugly cheerleaders out here.”
Joy Behar Is Certain Travis Kelce Is An “Idiot”
As she read the statements, she struggled with the poor grammar and obvious written errors in his sentences. Then with disgust, Joy explains this is a terrible obsession with girls’ bodies. But adding insult to injury, she proclaims the worst part is he is “illiterate” while being crude.
However, Whoopi Goldberg interjects, that Joy Behar would have a hard time finding a “high school boy who hasn’t said something stupid about girls.” Then Whoopi goes on, “Young people do young people stuff.” Adding, “What you said 25 years ago, may not be the way that you feel this time. So everybody needs to lighten up and let these people do what they want to do.”
— NFL Rumors (@nflrums) November 17, 2023
Whoopi Asks Why Joy Is Stuck On The Past
Naturally, Whoopi Goldberg wanted to know why Joy Behar was so fixated on his past statements. Surely, Joy replies, “I’m a Swiftie.” Adding that, “I love her because she’s getting young people out to vote so I don’t want her to be stuck with this idiot.” However, the other co-hosts were in agreement with Whoopi. Notably, they acknowledge that Travis Kelce is among the first generation to use social media and see the consequences. Alyssa Farah Griffin adds, “We documented everything.” Compassionately, she says, “You gotta give people a little grace and hope that the way he treats women now is reflective of how he is as an adult.”
What Fans Are Saying
On the flipside, some fans countered Joy Behar’s argument with more innocent tweets from over a decade ago. At that point, Travis Kelce was just 22 years old. They read:
- “I just gave a squirle [sic] a piece [sic] of bread and it straight smashed all of it!!!! I had no idea they ate bread like that!! Haha #crazy.”
- “Its such a nice day out….. as I stair [sic] from my math class… smh #mustbenice.”
In his defense, several Swifties felt they were quirky and sweet. They left messages saying:
- “This is such a funny wholesome thread lol he’s doing his best and I love it.”
- “I love that this is the problematic thing people have been able to find, though.”
- Even GQ feels like his old tweets have a certain, “golden retriever-like energy” to them.
If you continue to do what you've done… Then you'll continue to only get what you've got….
— Travis Kelce (@tkelce) September 19, 2011
What did you think about Joy Behar’s opinion of Travis Kelce? Do you think Taylor Swift should date him? Is it fair to judge people by statements they made when they were younger? Drop your comments below. We like hearing from fans!
- Fans Freak Over Kris Jenner’s Jaw & ‘Egregious Cheek Implants’ - December 5, 2023
- Uproar Over Kim Kardashian’s Botched Face & ‘Greasy A** Look’ - December 5, 2023
- ‘The View’ Whoopi Goldberg Bails After Stealing From Famous Star - December 5, 2023