- Mari Pepin & Kenny Braasch Welcome Bundle Of Joy: ‘It’s A Boy!’ - July 26, 2022
- Tyler Cameron Reveals Where Friendship With Matt James Stands After Rachael Drama - July 22, 2022
- Tyler Cameron’s Girlfriend Responds To Romance Backlash - July 21, 2022
BIP couple Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon BLASTED for ‘cringe’ Instagram ad. What did they post to rile fans? Read on, and we’ll explain what happened.
BIP couple swoon over son
Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon are one of the most popular couples to come out of Bachelor Nation. Viewers watched them fall in love on Season 2 of BIP. However, it took several years for their relationship to take off. By Season 4, Haibon was ready to pop the question.
The couple got married in 2019. In 2021, they announced on social media that they were expecting their first child. Iaconetti and Haibon welcomed Dawson in January of this year.
At almost 6 months of age, he is the light of their lives. They often post adorable snapshots of Dawson on social media, including the one below of him in an airplane cockpit.
“I’d like to think Dawson thinks his Dad is Maverick in this moment,” Haibon joked in the caption, referencing the Top Gun sequel dominating the box office.
Ashley Iaconetti & Jared Haibon blasted for ‘cringe’ Instagram ad
Years after viewers watched their love story unfold, Ashley and Jared remain uber popular. So, what did they post on Instagram that made fans blast and unfollow them?
Since leaving BIP, the couple has leaned into becoming social media influencers. Their Instagram posts are often paid ads or corporate-sponsored posts.
While those types of posts get the side-eye, they are the ‘norm’ for social media these days.
However, on June 15, Jared posted an advertisement that caused many to unfollow the couple. Why?
The photo shows the BIP couple in a wooded area, chastely kissing. They weren’t in a state of undress or anything untoward. At the bottom of the photo, a hand holds a tube of Astroglide lubricant.
A few people in the comments called out Jared for seemingly photoshopping the product placement in, as one of his hands is clearly visible on Ashley’s shoulder. The other is taking the selfie.
However, it was the caption that riled some Bachelor Nation fans.
“This Pride, my wife @ashley_iaconetti and I are excited to share how ASTROGLIDE is recognizing the #EverydayIcons that make the #LGBTQIA+ community special,” the promotion read.
Two Bachelor Nation alums among those trolling Jared
Two Bachelor Nation alums got in with hilarious comments before the flood of negative ones. Ben Higgins and Dean Unglert trolled their friends.
Higgins wrote, “Does it protect me from the sun? Like what’s the spf count?“
- Ohhh goodness. Enjoyed your post up until now 🤦🏼♀️ BYEBYE
- Why the F are you guys doing this ad??? Seriously, any other product to make money on and you agree to this? Such a weird freaking post. Whatever. Go make your 💰
- This is so embarrassing. Unfollow.
- Y’all would endorse anything for money! Sad
- Seems kind of classless, this ad. I get it that you guys do ads for money, but you should be picky about stuff you post.
- You guys really advertise anything these days
- As a member of the queer community- huh? Totally pro lube and pro anything that works for you but there are better ways to support/ be an ally and use your platform than this lame ad.
Does it surprise you that Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon were blasted for posting their support of Pride Month? Was the ad ‘cringe,’ as some called it?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.
BIP returns to ABC this fall for Season 8.