British actor Ronan Vibert, known best for his roles in Saving Mr. Banks and The Snowman has been confirmed dead at 58. Per IMDb, his name is not necessarily recognizable by all in Hollywood. But, his face is.
Ronan Vibert Dead At 58: Cause Of Death
According to Deadline, the late actor passed away at the age of 58 following a short illness. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been any more specific details regarding his cause of death made public at this time.
Really sad to hear about Ronan Vibert passing. I so enjoyed working with him and meeting him @BristolOldVic many years ago in Midsummer Nights Dream. He was mesmerising. RIP 🙏 pic.twitter.com/jrzz0yGHo2
— Stewart Wright (@stewartwright74) December 24, 2022
A Look At The Actor’s Life
After growing up in South Wales, Ronan Vibert landed at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. While he loved most of his life in London, he did recently move to Florida. Per IMDb, he had 80 credits attached to his name at the time of his passing. His more notable credits include Saving Mr Banks with Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, The Snowman with Michael Fassbender, and Shadow of the Vampire with John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe.
Very sad to here that the brilliant and lovely #RonanVibert has passed away. I got to work with him on #HatfieldsandMccoys. He was such an inspiration for me as a young character actor. Love to his family. RIP. pic.twitter.com/gKVqMvTTyh
— MICHAEL JIBSON (@mikejibson) December 24, 2022
Other titles he could be found in include:
- The Cat’s Meow
- Tomb Raider 2
- The Pianist
- Tristan and Isolde
- Dracula Untold
Ronan Vibert is survived by his wife Jess Grand. His management team confirmed there will be a private family-only service. A Celebration of his life is also being planned to happen in London sometime after the holidays.
Ronan also had a lot of notable TV credits on his acting resume including:
- The Borgias
- Hatfields and the McCoys
- Electric Dreams
- Carnival Row
The Internet Mourns His Passing
Like the death of most celebrities, the tribute to his passing have poured in on social media. Here’s some of what fans and actors that had the pleasure of working with him have had to say about his passing:
- “Rest in peace you beautiful, charismatic, charming, wonderfully talented man. It was a privilege to work with you. Rest in peace Ronan. We’ll miss you dearly. “
- “Such a shame to hear about Ronan Vibert – brilliant character actor.”
- “Just saw that Ronan Vibert has died. Such a brilliant actor. Loved him as Robespierre and even when I was studying the French Revolution on my uni course I was picturing him every time Robespierre was mentioned. RIP.”
Woke up to the shocking news that my friend and fellow actor Ronan Vibert has died. We first worked together in THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL at the end of the last century. 💔 pic.twitter.com/KL2RdSbFng
— Richard E. Grant (@RichardEGrant) December 24, 2022
Rest in peace, Ronan Vibert.
- ‘Gold Rush’ Fans Side With Clayton Brothers, Fred Lewis To Blame? - February 7, 2023
- ‘Gold Rush’: Rick Ness Is Hiring - February 7, 2023
- Khloe Kardashian Gets Ripped For Disrespecting Daughter - February 7, 2023