The View fans think Whoopi Goldberg should give up her position as moderator. This comes after she made shocking admissions about her job. They have a feeling that she doesn’t like what she does for a living. Whoopi recently dropped hints about her role on the show and revealed that she’s over it.
Now, fans want her gone for a different reason. Whoopi received backlash for her fresh comments about the Jewish community. She was already in hot water with the ABC daytime talk show for her previous anti-Semitic comments. Find out what she said in a new interview involving her movie Till.
Whoopi Goldberg promotes the new film Till
Earlier this year, The View suspended Whoopi Goldberg for her comments about the Holocaust. She was only off the show for two weeks. ABC admitted that she made “wrong and hurtful comments” about the Jewish community. In an interview with The Times, Whoopi brought up the topic again and tried to clarify what she meant.
She claimed that Jewish people are split on whether they are a religion or a race. Whoopi got this idea from her Jewish friend who believes they’re a race. The interview noted that Nazis also saw the Jewish people as a race. The comedian said that was the “point I was making” earlier this year on the talk show.
“My best friend said, ‘Not for nothing is there no box on the census for the Jewish race,” Whoopi Goldberg explained. “So that leads me to believe that we’re probably not a race.”
That’s not all that she said. Whoopi explained that the Nazis would observe the Jewish people’s features to designate them as a race. She compared it to black people. The Oscar winner says it’s easier to point her out than it is to identify a Jewish person.
“You could find me. You couldn’t find them,” Whoopi Goldberg continued. “That was the point I was making. But you would have thought I’d taken a big old stinky dump on the table, butt naked.”
The View fans call for her firing
- “@TheView Whoopi Goldberg has repeated her slur that got her suspended from your show. So now it’s time to make that suspension permanent. She clearly learned nothing from her hateful rhetoric.”
- “Here Whoopi Goldberg goes again talking about ABC & the Jews! When will she learn? She needs to be banned from TV all together nobody wants to listen to her BS.”
- “@TheView bringing American TV viewers their daily dose of racism. #Holocaust #WhoopiGoldberg #racism.”
- “@ABC It’s obvious Whoopi didn’t misspeak before and is a racist with some absolutely wild beliefs. It’s time for her to be fired. #firewhoopi #WhoopiGoldberg.”
Whoopi Goldberg also brought up the #MeToo Movement in her interview with The Times. She said she was able to avoid predatory men in Hollywood because she was harder to read than most women. The Sister Act star joked that she “scared” them away because she was “black and unknown.” Over the years, Whoopi has suggested that the victims end up in these situations because they put up with the behavior.
What are your thoughts? Do you think Whoopi Goldberg should give up her position? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Whoopi Goldberg.
- Joy Behar Tells ‘The View’ Guest To Get A New Dentist - February 5, 2023
- Fans Go Nuts Over Kourtney Kardashian’s Latest Tableware - February 5, 2023
- Khloe Kardashian Pregnant Again, Flaunts Baby Bump? - February 5, 2023