90s R&B singing sensation Jesse Powell was confirmed dead at the age of 51 by his sister, Tamara. Jesse’s little sister took to Instagram last night to issue an official statement from the family that her big brother passed away. In the past 14 hours, Tamara has taken to her Instagram two additional times penning very beautiful tributes to her late brother.
90s R&B singing sensation Jesse Powell Dead At 51
It was late last night that Jesse Powell’s sister took to Instagram to announce her brother was dead. According to the singer’s family, he was in the comfort of his own home in L.A. when he passed away.
Tamara penned at the beginning of her tribute: “It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our beloved son, brother, and uncle Jesse Powell.”
The family asks for privacy at this time as we mourn this tremendous loss and celebrate his everlasting legacy. Jesse loved music and he especially loved his fans who supported him throughout his career. We want you all to know that you meant the world to him.
Tamara’s statement confirming her brother was dead and paying tribute did not include any information on his cause of death. Furthermore, she asked fans of her brother to respect the family’s privacy so they could mourn his death and celebrate his life.
His Fans Will Remember His Music
Jesse Powell was born in Gary, Indiana. He was in his 20s when a music producer found him at a local talent show. After being discovered at the talent show, he went on to sign a record label. His first album was released in 1996.
The late singer enjoyed mild success until he released his 1998 hit called “You.” Jesse Powell also received praise for being a singer with a four-octave vocal range (a rarity for singers). Sadly, the R&B singer did retire after releasing his fourth album back in 2003.
Fans of the singer poured into the comments of Tamara’s tributes to her brother to pen their condolences for the family’s loss.
- “Sis I’m at a total lost for words! This just hit me to hard. Your bro was the funniest the coolest singers I’ve ever met. A true king who will be missed. I’m praying for you and you family.”
- “My condolences to your family. This has absolutely FLOORED me!! Jesse is one of the only artists that I had to see every single time he came to my city no matter what.”
- “No words. Only tears. I loved him so much.”
Rest in peace, Jesse Powell.
- 27 Year Old News Anchor Neena Pacholke Commits Suicide - September 30, 2022
- Kelly Ripa Accuses Executive Producer Of Perverted Behavior? - September 30, 2022
- ‘Gangsta’s Paradise’ Singer Coolio Dead At 59 - September 28, 2022