It’s always exciting when former DWTS pros find their way back to the ballroom. Now that the official cast list is out, viewers are elated to learn that two former dancers are coming back after years-long absences.
Keep reading to learn more about the star-studded cast list and see who’s competing this fall!
Fans rejoice over the return of two veteran DWTS pros
DWTS insider Kristyn Burtt leaked the pro dancer cast list a few weeks early. But there were some last-minute changes, as there are every year. For starters, Sasha Farber has been moved up to pro dancer status and will not participate in the troupe as previously reported.
But there’s more good news to share — two fan-favorite DWTS pros are back!
Mark Ballas and Louis Van Amstel will both compete as pro dancers this year. Mark hasn’t competed on Dancing With The Stars since Season 25 and Season 21 was the last time fans saw Louis Van Amstel.
Newer fans may not be as familiar with Louis, who competed in 10 total seasons. However, he played a more active role near the show’s beginning. Mark Ballas has competed in 19 total seasons and won the Mirrorball Trophy twice. Fans are definitely excited to see what these seasoned DWTS pros can bring to the table this year.
Fans are already excited about the cast list
Good Morning America announced the official cast list this morning. There will be 16 competing couples, instead of 14 as previously reported. Without a doubt, there were some last-minute shakeups behind the scenes.
Check out the full cast list here:
- Joseph Baena, actor and bodybuilder, partnered with Daniella Karagach
- Wayne Brady, actor and performer, partnered with Witney Carson
- Charli D’Amelio, TikTok star, partnered with Mark Ballans
- Heidi D’Amelio, Charli’s mother and social media personality, partnered with Artem Chigvintsev
- Trevor Donovan, Hallmark actor, partnered with Emma Slater
- Daniel Durant, actor, partnered with Britt Stewart
- Jordin Sparks, American Idol alum and singer, partnered with Brandon Armstrong
- Gabby Windey, The Bachelorette star, partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy
- Samuel Champion, Good Morning America weathercaster, partnered with Cheryl Burke
- Jessie James Decker, country singer, partnered with Alan Bersten
- Jason Lewis, actor, partnered with Peta Murgatroyd
- Shangela, celebrity drag queen, partnered with Gleb Savchenko
- Cheryl Ladd, Charlie’s Angels actress, partnered with Louis Van Amstel
- Vinny Guadagnino, Jersey Shore actor, partnered with Koko Iwasaki
- Teresa Giudice, The Real Housewives of New Jersey personality, partnered with Pasha Pashkov
- Selma Blair, actress, partnered with Sasha Farber
Who are you cheering for this year? Stay tuned and see what happens with Dancing With The Stars next. The new season live streams on Disney+ starting September 19, so check back for more! There may be a few more last-minute surprises coming out soon.
- What Happened To Robyn Brown’s Store My Sisterwife’s Closet? - September 28, 2022
- Where Was Daniella Karagach During ‘DWTS’ Last Night? - September 27, 2022
- ‘DWTS’ Season 31: Which Couples DOMINATED Elvis Night? - September 26, 2022