Bethenny Frankel showed off her unedited bikini body on Instagram. She wanted fans to know that “filtering is lying.” Most people have used filters on social media. It’s easy not to be tempted and want to look better with a filter or a quick swipe of your phone. The Real Housewives of New York alum loves to keep it real on social media.
She’s one of the few Bravo stars who doesn’t share airbrushed photos. Bethenny did share one edited photo and one unedited photo of herself rocking a bikini. She wanted to show the effects of filtering. The reality star got major praise for sharing her true form.
RHONY alum’s important lesson on filtering
On Wednesday, August 31, Bethenny Frankel shocked fans when she shared three photos of herself in a gray bikini. The first one made her look like she had a tiny waist and big breasts. In the second photo, she revealed her real skin texture and body shape.
Bethenny put the unedited and edited photos side-by-side. This allows fans to see the proof for themselves. She wanted to share with followers that she looks nothing like the first photo. Instead, Bethenny would much rather look the way she is.
“This is NOT what I look like…and you know that bc I’m not vain and show you the real me,” Bethenny Frankel wrote in the caption. “But if I posted a version of this every day you might start to believe that it might be. This is just how distorted this has all gotten… Filtering is lying: it is deceptive.”
The former reality argued against filtering because it “makes women feel badly about themselves.” There’s no secret that social media negatively affects teens and children. The Skinnygirl founder revealed that social media “creates a false ideal of men” and is “the opposite of inspirational.”
Bethenny Frankel gets praise for keeping it real
Bethenny Frankel’s message has caused a positive reaction from her fans. Some are even thanking her for sharing this important message and for the untouched bikini photo. They flocked to the comment section to share their thoughts. Here is just some of the praise:
- “Thank you!!! It’s never enough, what are we expected to be.”
- “Very difficult to escape the filtered expectation. We need to breathe and be healthy and strong.”
- “The real picture is SOO much better. More women need to embrace their own beauty and trash those damn filters.”
- “This 🙌🙌 I never filter any of my photos for this exact reason. Well said and thank you!”
What are your thoughts on Bethenny Frankel’s Instagram post? Do you think she looks better in the edited photo or unedited photo? What are your thoughts on social media filters? Sound off below in the comment section.
Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Bethenny Frankel.
- Katy Perry Flaunts Long Legs In Yellow Dress & Psychedelic Platforms - May 10, 2023
- ‘WoF’: Maggie Does Vanna White Proud, Pat Sajak Emotional - May 10, 2023
- ‘Today’: Hoda Kotb & Savannah Guthrie Caught Andy Cohen In Lie - May 10, 2023