SYTYCD fans slammed Season 17. They already expressed their opinion about the new season, including some of the celebrity judges. Fans are not happy with the new format of the reality series. They called out production for ruining the show. Fans argued that the network wants to rush through the choreography round.
So You Think You Can Dance is different from other reality competition shows. As the name states, it’s not about singing or displaying extreme talents. It’s about dancing your heart out and doing it well. The original dancing show led to the creation of similar versions. Read on to find out why fans are not happy with the new season.
SYTYCD Season 17 starts off with controversy
SYTYCD judge Matthew Morrison was fired from his position. In late May, the Fox series made headlines when it was reported that the Glee alum was accused of sending one of the contestants “flirty” texts. For that reason, he was fired. The dancing reality series premiered in 2005 and is in its 17th season.
SYTYCD hasn’t been without its share of controversial comments. Former judge Nigel Lythgoe made homophobic comments. Per People, Matthew Morrison violated the code of conduct due to his “inappropriate relationship with a female contestant.” The person was bothered by the 43-year-old married man’s messages. It was reported that the actor “reached out to her through flirty direct messages on social media.”
While the two didn’t have an inappropriate relationship outside the show, there was a cause for concern. After the investigation, SYTYCD producers fired Morrison and found that “it was just messages that crossed the line.”
Matthew Morrison takes to Instagram to defend himself after claims surfaced that he sent inappropriate messages to a female contestant on ‘So You Think You Can Dance.’ pic.twitter.com/E0PsbXNqLg
— Pop Crave (@PopCrave) June 2, 2022
Morrison took to social media to defend himself. The former theater actor claims that he didn’t send the contestant flirty messages. Rather, he was reading out to her to help her outside of the show. Morrison married Renee Puente in 2014 and they share two children, Revel James Makai, 4, and Phoenix Monroe, 11 months.
Fans blame production for the new format
Viewers are unhappy with new format of SYTYCD Season 17. They feel that most of the dancers haven’t gotten any screen time. Fans blame production for focusing more on the celebrity judges rather than the contestants. They took to social media to share their strong opinions about the new format.
- “Watching this is so frustrating! Please change the format if you can’t go back to the old one. And #jojo you may know so much about dancing but maybe not so much about communicating.”
- “The editing format on this new season is definitely not good. We don’t see enough of everyone trying to get to top 12.”
- “#SYTYCD you are ruining this show with format and editing. So sad.
- “I’m glad I get to see the judges’ excitement about the dances instead of seeing the dances myself. Yes, this is sarcasm.”
What are your thoughts on the new format? What do you think of SYTYCD Season 17 so far? Sound off below in the comment section.
As always, check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on SYTYCD.
- Ryan Seacrest Having Deja Vu With Lisa Rinna? - August 14, 2022
- ‘American Pickers’ Mike Wolfe Reveals Future Of Show - August 14, 2022
- ‘The View’ Newbie Alyssa Farah Griffin Cut-Off By Producers? - August 14, 2022