American Idol fans haven’t been happy with Season 20 of the singing competition. They’ve been more outspoken than ever thanks to the power of social media. They’re especially not happy after country kid Fritz Hager made it to the Top 5. Some think he’s “boring and bad” for the show. Read on for their reaction and to learn more about him.
Fritz Hager’s music career is already taking off
As TV Shows Ace previously reported, Fritz Hager’s music career is already taking off. The American Idol hopeful shared some big news with his followers late last month. He’s already running the world, according to some of his fans. In a previous Instagram post, he admitted that his “dreams have come true.”
Hager hasn’t even reached the end of his journey on American Idol. Yet, his music is already burning up the charts. On Tuesday, April 28, Hager posted a screenshot of the iTunes chart from the previous week. His self-titled EP has been climbing up the music charts thanks to his fanbase called Fritz Nation.
Hager has amassed a dedicated fanbase thanks to his time on Season 20 of American Idol. Fans have been showing their support with their votes every week. Hager thanked his fans for their ongoing support during his journey. He admitted that his “brain is so broken right now” and noted that he wrote one of the tracks “when no one cared or listened to my music.”
Fritz Nation was in a state of shock as well. They continue to support their favorite Idol on the show. It’s the reason why Hager ended up in the Top 5. However, this news is baffling to other American Idol fans. They want Fritz Nation to stop voting for him, especially as his music career takes off.
Outspoken American Idol fans claim the show is “RIGGED”
Unfortunately, Hager had a setback. He tested positive for COVID-19, but he didn’t let it get him down. He still earned a spot in the American Idol’s Top 5. During the Top 7 round, he took a huge risk by performing two of his own original songs called “All My Friends” and “The Ocean.” Both performances left guest mentor Will.i.am. and the celebrity judges emotional.
When it came time to pick the Top 5 of Season 20 of American Idol, they voted for Hager. While most fans were happy for him, others were disappointed. They took to Twitter to call out the audience for saving Hager over Jay Copeland and Christian Guardino. Some think the show is “rigged” because they want their own country kid.
- “I don’t get this Fritz kid. He’ll be lucky if he gets to sing the Anthem at Nascar race!”
- “FRITZ NEEDED TO GO HOME 3 WEEKS AGO SMH.”
- “Can everyone stop voting for Fritz on #AmericanIdol? Please. Thank you.”
- “Fritz is literally so boring and bad… Christian should have stayed.”
- “And the fact that everyone else had to perform on stage and Fritz got to use his rehearsal video & Noah gets to be in a hotel…Rigged! #AmericanIdol if they country ones win, we already know.”
What are your thoughts on Fritz Hager making it to the Top 5? Do you think he deserves a spot? Or, do you think the show is rigged? Sound off below in the comment section.
American Idol Season 20 airs Sundays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- New Episode Of ‘The Real Housewives Of Dubai’ Not On Tonight, Why? - June 29, 2022
- Nicole Scherzinger Puckers Up In Cleavage-Filled Bikini Top - June 29, 2022
- ‘Love Island UK’ Producers Ban Books, Thong Bikinis & Bubblegum? - June 29, 2022