Raquel Leviss opened up about her biggest fear. On Tuesday, January 18, the episode was focused on Raquel and James Kennedy’s engagement party, which took place at Sunstone Winery. While it was an unusual choice for a recovering alcoholic, it was a beautiful place for their engagement party.
It was also the perfect way to close out the season. During the party, Raquel shared a speech about her then-fiance. However, she has trouble with public speaking, which she shared earlier in the season. She needed a little help from James, who fed her the lines she couldn’t remember because of stage fright.
Raquel Leviss explains herself
It made for a funny scene. James told Raquel all the things she wanted to say about him. Fans wanted to know why she couldn’t just read from her notes instead. Raquel Leviss took to Instagram to address those questions before the episode. She opened up about her biggest fear and says that she’s working on becoming better at public speaking.
“If you really knew me, you would know that public speaking is my biggest fear. I put myself in uncomfortable positions so I can challenge myself and become a better speaker,” Raquel Leviss wrote in her Instagram post. “You’ll see me give a taste on tonight’s episode, which I was so terrified to do I had major writer’s block the week leading up to the party. James helped me come up with something nice to say and we wrote it down on my phone.”
When it came time to it, Raquel says she didn’t have an “extra hand” to also read her notes. She was already holding a microphone and a wine glass. James lent her a hand by reading her notes to her. Fans saw him standing behind Raquel and reciting her notes through her earphones. Raquel got emotional when she recalled that moment.
“I’m tearing up writing this because although we are not together anymore, I really could count on him for moral support during challenging times like this one,” Raquel Leviss said.
Raquel and James’ engagement ended
In December 2021, Raquel Leviss and James Kennedy announced that they ended their engagement. It took place while filming the Season 9 Vanderpump Rules reunion. Fans took to Raquel’s latest Instagram post to share their support. Some commented that they wished the two could’ve worked things out.
Others feel that James should’ve changed his ways for Raquel. It’s obvious that they are both on different paths. Raquel said she knew she couldn’t see a future with James due to his behavior and the way her family felt about him. It was a painful decision that she had to come to.
- “He really did love you, just couldn’t change to be the person you needed, in this moment, it shows how much love between you both, it just wasn’t enough.”
- “That’s actually really sweet. I wish it could have worked out for you but I understand your choice. Always rooting for you both (separately or together 🥰)”
- “It was perfect and from the heart and that’s all that matters. We are still sad about it all but always want the best for you both. We love you guys and always are here for you! ❤️😘❤️🥰”
- “Babe, you are going to push this man to improve himself to win you back. Literally the only genuine thing I’ve ever seen about him is his fear of the Queen (Lisa lol) & love for you.”
What are your thoughts on Raquel’s speech? What are your thoughts on her fear of public speaking? Did you like James and Raquel together? Sound off below in the comment section.
The Vanderpump Rules Season 9 reunion airs Tuesday, January 25 at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo. Check back with TV Shows Ace for more news on Raquel Leviss.
- Will Kim Kardashian Abandon Kids To Temporarily Relocate With Pete? - May 20, 2022
- Kourtney Kardashian & Travis Barker Rent Castle For Italian Wedding - May 20, 2022
- James Corden Reveals Disturbing Haircare Details - May 20, 2022