James Corden’s 'Late, Late Show' Taken Off Air Temporarily, Here's Why [Screenshot | YouTube]

James Corden’s ‘Late, Late Show’ Taken Off Air Temporarily, Here’s Why

News

James Corden’s late-night talk show is off the air temporarily. The British comedian just announced that he tested positive for COVID-19. The 43-year-old shared the details of his COVID diagnosis and the status of The Late, Late Show. The breakout show will be on a temporary break for “the next few days.”

Fans who are looking forward to his talk show will find repeats in its place. In case you don’t follow Corden on social media, he revealed that he has tested positive for COVID. As a result, the show shut down for the health and safety of its crew members. The talk show films in Los Angeles and airs on CBS in the U.S.

James Corden remains positive amid COVID diagnosis

The Cats star is remaining hopeful. He assured fans that he will be back on the air soon. Earlier this week, Corden shared that he tested positive for COVID. This comes as more late-night hosts test positive as the Omicron variant runs rampant. However, most of the hosts are based in New York City, whereas Corden resides in Los Angeles. He took to Instagram to share a positive message with his fans.

“I’m fully vaccinated, boosted and because of this am fortunate enough to say I feel completely fine,” James Corden told his fans. “The show will be off the air for the next few days. Stay safe everyone. All my love, James x.”

The Late Late Show With James Corden [Screenshot | YouTube]
[Screenshot | YouTube]
It’s unclear when the show will return. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recently changed its guidelines for isolation. Americans diagnosed with COVID are now required to isolate for five days. This is a stark difference from the original guidelines, which required Americans to isolate for 10 days.

As for Corden, he’s hopeful that he will return soon. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife Julia Carey and their three children, Max, 10, Carey, 7, and Charlotte, 4. The city reported 26,754 new cases of the virus on Wednesday, January 5.

Late-night TV grapples with COVID surge

Corden is the latest late-night host to be hit with a bout of COVID. This comes one day after Tonight Show host Jimmy Fallon shared his breakthrough COVID-19 diagnosis during the show’s holiday break. Late Night host Seth Meyers announced that he was canceling the rest of this week’s show after his positive test.

Stephen Colbert addressed the recent surge in COVID cases and its impact on the late-night circuit. For now, filming will resume at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Colbert said that if he were to test positive for COVID, viewers would expect him to do the same thing as his fellow late-night hosts.

“So here’s the thing. I want you to know that I love doing the show,” Stephen Colbert said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s a privilege to do this show, and if I do get it, I promise you, I will not be doing my show. I will not.”

We wish James Corden a speedy recovery. Stay tuned to TV Shows Ace for the latest news in entertainment.

Chanel Adams

Articles You May Like

‘The Kardashians’ Hulu Caught Hiding Astroworld Tragedy
Bruno Tonioli Makes A Permanent Choice Between ‘Strictly’ & ‘DWTS’
‘Young Sheldon’: Legendary Penn & Teller Guest On Finale, Sneak Peek
Todd Chrisley Gushes Over Grayson On 16th Birthday
Eddie Lucas: ‘Below Deck’ Cast Does NOT Get Fair Wages?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.