The Real Housewives of Orange County fans are accusing Tamra Judge of fat-shaming her former friend Shannon Beador. Keep reading to find out what Tamra said and how fans responded.
Bravo reboots RHOC without Tamra Judge
It’s been almost two years since Tamra Judge and Vicki Gunvalson announced their respective exits from RHOC. The besties released announcements with days of each other in January of 2020.
Since that time, Bravo has aired two seasons of the popular reality show. However, after Season 15, the network decided to fire several more cast members and reboot the show.
Kelly Dodd, Elizabeth Lyn Vargas, and Braunwyn Windham-Burke were given their walking papers.
Shannon Beador, Emily Simpson, and Gina Kirschenheiter were the only holdovers from Season 15. In a casting coup, Bravo convinced former star Heather Dubrow to return for Season 16.
Additionally, they brought in newbies Noella Bergener and Jen Armstrong. Nicole James is listed as a ‘Friend of’ role for Season 16, though she’s rumored to dramatically exit before the end of the season.
After Tamra’s exit following Season 14, her friendship with Shannon Beador deteriorated and they are no longer friends.
Fans accuse Tamra Judge of fat-shaming Shannon Beador
During her time on the Bravo show, Tamra Judge was one of the most controversial stars with her unfiltered opinions. Earlier this week, she showed support for friend Heather Dubrow following Dubrow and Beador’s falling out in Season 16.
On the show, Shannon Beador heard a rumor that one of the newbies once sued Heather Dubrow’s husband, Terry Dubrow, for botched plastic surgery. Beador told the rumor to Emily and Gina, who promptly clued Heather into the gossip.
During the episode airing Wednesday, December 22, Heather and Shannon had a tense conversation about the situation. Heather Dubrow posted a snapshot from the confrontation on her Instagram to promote the episode.
Tamra Judge left a comment that she couldn’t wait to watch. However, a second reply she made landed her in hot water with fans. According to Page Six, Tamra wrote “Alcohol will age you so fast !!! Weight gain ages you as well. If you don’t take care of your body it shows.”
Her comment received hundreds of responses calling her out. Check out some of the things fans said:
- we know the dig at Shannon. Don’t be bitter- you aren’t center-of-attention anymore
- TAMRA CHILLLLL WITH THAT BODY SHAMING COMMENT
- ew why are we commenting on peoples bodies? If you don’t like Shannon or care for her that’s fine but let’s not comment on her body compared to heathers. That’s disgusting
- TF is wrong with you?? God you’re awful.
- body shaming middle aged women, is that really necessary. Not a very good look for someone claiming to be Christian.
- Leave it to Tamra to fat shame her ex friend about something she knows Shannon is self conscious over. Tamra was never a friend to Shannon. I don’t like Shannon, but this comment shows more about Tamra’s heart than anything. Gross.
- shaming someone’s weight and appearance in general is not a good look
- Shannon looks great. Let’s stop with body shaming other women
It seems that Tamra has since deleted her comment after receiving backlash. But she’s not done with the conversation.
Bravolebrity responds to accusations, denies potshot at former friend
Tamra Judge saw the Page Six article about her assumed diss against Shannon Beador. She took to her Instagram to refute the report. According to Tamra, she was replying to someone else in the thread about her own health.
She denied that she was fat-shaming Shannon Beador.
Do you believe her claim that she wasn’t fat-shaming her former friend? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Don’t miss the dramatic Season 16 of the reality show. RHOC airs Wednesdays on Bravo.
- Two Bachelor Nation Stars Audition On Season 24 Of ‘The Voice’ - September 23, 2023
- Is Pauly Shore Playing Fitness Guru Richard Simmons In BioFilm? - September 23, 2023
- Gerry Turner Set ‘Firm’ Rule For Himself On ‘The Golden Bachelor’ - September 22, 2023