Jedidiah Duggar is being called out for not reading the room before sharing a post on social media. As Duggar fans know, Josh is in the midst of a child pornography trial. If Josh is convicted, he’s facing up to 40 years behind bars and up to $500,000 in fines. The trial began on November 30 and is still happening.
As you can imagine, this isn’t an easy time for anyone involved. There are lots of shocking and disturbing new details coming out about the alleged crimes. It was recently revealed that there was material featuring an infant being abused found on Josh’s devices.
It was previously predicted that some of the Duggars might try to post on social media to distract from the trial. However, many of them are laying low. Joy-Anna Forsyth posted a religious message about “suffering,” which seems to apply to her current situation. But almost everyone else has gone silent with the exception of Jedidiah and his wife, Katey.
Jedidiah Duggar posts special photos and gets criticized online.
On Instagram on Monday evening, Jedidiah shared a series of photos from his and Katey’s engagement. He wrote, “Looking back on our romantic winter proposal on Valentine’s Day! It was -13°F and snowing! She was SO surprised!! 🥰 ❄️”
In the comments section of his post, Jedidiah is being dragged for not reading the room and paying attention to what is going on. One user writes, “Read the room Jed – not the right time!” Another references a Keeping Up With the Kardashians joke, writing, “kim there’s people that are testifying.”
Others are commenting that this must be damage control or a distraction from Josh’s trial. Here is what some have said:
- “I’m sure your engagement was wonderful, but this seems like deflection or damage control.”
- “Distracting much? Come on this isn’t time or place. You know your sisters have a serious hard time right now right? Your brother in court facing 40 years of jail time! You act here like all is fine nothing going on. You could also support your sisters…..”
- “I think maybe you should’ve chosen another time to reveal this…. This will not deflect the world on what is going on with your brother & your innocent sisters that he hurt.”
So, what do you think of Jedidiah Duggar’s post on Monday evening? Do you think it’s appropriate, or do you think he should wait to post that kind of thing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below, and come back for more Duggar news soon. You can see the photos of Jedidiah and Katey here. They also shared a video, which you can watch on YouTube.
- Joy-Anna Forsyth Finally Resurfaces After Months Away - May 20, 2022
- ‘LPBW’ See Behind The Gates Of Matt Roloff’s Magical Empire - May 20, 2022
- ‘LPBW’ Fans See Why Jeremy & Audrey Really Left The Show? - May 20, 2022