Below Deck Season 9 kicked off on Monday night. Fans got a taste of a whole new crew with a new captain and chief stew. Heather Chase made her debut on the show. She is the second chief stew to replace the OG Kate Chastain. However, she hasn’t won fans over with her skills.
Some of them took to Twitter to mock her for “barking orders” at her stews. Heather had them running around during the first charter. Fraser Olender made it clear that he’s not crazy about his boss. He has a very refined way of doing things, while Heather’s work style is a little chaotic.
Heather Chase makes demands
Below Deck Season 9 picked up the pace when it came to working. The crew had to get right to it before the first charter guests arrive. Both the interior and the exterior crew had their hands full when it came to keeping the guest happy. Fraser Olender enjoys what he does and wants to make their yachting trip as joyful as possible.
The new cast member seems to know a lot about his job. Yet, he flubbed when it came to handling both dinner service and turn-down service. Heather Chase had him running back and forth. Like Fraser, she made it clear that she will do whatever she needs to make the guests happy.
But there wasn’t much work with this chief stew. While her table setting skills were impressive, she was seen barking orders at her stews. Jessica Albert remained in the laundry room, as Fraser had to go back and forth between the guest rooms and the galley. Heather made Fraser her first chief stew and gave him the responsibility of housekeeping and serving the guests.
Fraser does not hold back on his feelings. He was caught mumbling about Heather behind her back. He criticized her lack of organization and planning skills. He’s not the only one who feels this way.
Below Deck fans call out chief stew’s micromanaging
Several Below Deck fans took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the new chief stew. In Season 8, Heather Chase filled in for Francesca Rubi, who was absent during this season. She is working on her new job at land. Heather hasn’t warmed up to fans just yet. Here are just some of the comments:
- “#BelowDeck I’ve only seen Heather give orders, not cleaning. A chief stew helps her crew too. No matter the rank, everyone is still a team..”
- “What is Heather doing besides walking around barking orders?”
- “Heather needs to take a lesson from Katie on how to delegate and hustle.”
- “Heather is another horrible chief stew. Her organizational and time management skills are horrendous. She reminds me of Chandler running the crew all around without a plan.”
What are your thoughts? Do you agree that Heather likes to micromanage? Do you think she’s a horrible chief stew or do you think fans should give her a chance? Sound off below in the comments.
Below Deck airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET on Bravo.
- Katie Maloney Gives Hope Three Women Including Stassi Will Be Back? - January 20, 2022
- Wendy Williams Still MIA From Show In February 2022? - January 20, 2022
- ‘Below Deck’ Jean-Luc Cerza-Lanaux Breaks His Silence On Dani’s Baby - January 20, 2022