In any normal year, Bruno Tonioli can film Dancing With The Stars and Strictly Comes Dancing with ease. However, the pandemic changed all of that. The pandemic has no sign of slowing down anytime soon, so Bruno had to choose. And he chose Dancing With The Stars. Flying back and forth from L.A. to the U.K. just isn’t feasible in the pandemic era.
Bruno Tonioli Isn’t Coming Back To Strictly — But How Long Will He Be Away?
“Bruno can’t commit to both shows right now and is staying put in LA — it’s a better lifestyle there, with great weather, which is good for his health,” an inside source told U.K. publication, The Sun. The Sun reports he earns much more money from DWTS, so finances were also a factor. But even so, he will likely show up in video links like he did last year.
However, don’t expect a permanent replacement for Bruno on Strictly. The Sun also reports that the network will hold his seat for him until 2022.
“Of course, Bruno will be back — he’s irreplaceable,” the source added.
Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, and Motsi Mabuse will complete the judges’ table on Strictly this year.
Bruno Toniloi broke his British fans’ hearts back in August when he officially announced he wouldn’t appear on Strictly Comes Dancing in 2020. Although American fans were incredibly thankful he chose Dancing With The Stars.
— Bruno Tonioli (@BrunoTonioli) January 12, 2021
Fans Have Mixed Feelings About Dancing With The Stars Changes
Head judge Len Goodman chose not to return to DWTS due to the pandemic, and American audiences couldn’t take many more changes. Tyra Banks replaced Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews as show host for Season 29. While viewership remained high, irate people on social media overwhelmingly didn’t think it was a good casting choice. Imagine how upset fans would be if the show lost Bruno too!
Although fans missed Len Goodman, many thought Derek Hough made an excellent replacement. There are currently rumors that Derek may be a permanent replacement. Len hasn’t said much about whether or not he will return to DWTS this fall, but he is older than Bruno and has more health conditions. It’s not unthinkable that Len will stay in the U.K. this year too.
ABC hasn’t officially renewed Dancing With The Stars for Season 30 yet, but show execs are already hard at work making plans for the next season. Producers are reportedly torn on whether or not they want to cast political figures in the upcoming season. A political figure would definitely rake in views, but producers aren’t sure if they want to handle the controversy.
No matter what happens with Season 30, DWTS fans can rest easy knowing Bruno Tonioli will be back for another year. Strictly fans will unfortunately have to do without for another year.
- Anne Heche Dead At 53, See Disturbing Photo Before Crash - August 12, 2022
- Danielle Busby Gets Relatable, Pokes Fun At Last Name - August 12, 2022
- Uncle Dale Mills Shares What Aunt KiKi Really Loves - August 12, 2022