On Monday, Josiah and Lauren Duggar announced that their baby girl has arrived! The couple named their first daughter Bella.
In response to her name, fans are concerned. This is because Joy-Anna Duggar Forsyth recently lost a baby at 20 weeks gestation. Joy chose to name her baby Annabell Elise. Now, fans are expressing concerns about the names being too similar.
Here’s what a few Duggar fans had to say about Josiah and Lauren’s name choice:
- “Ugh, Bella is really close to Annabell! Kinda annoyed that they did this.”
- “The only way I’d think it weird is if Joy planned to nickname Annabelle as Belle/a. Or calls her that after the stillbirth. Now that would be creepy. But again, that’s just speculation and we don’t know that.”
- “Annabell’s due date fell about the same day that Bella was born (or a day or two before or after?). It seems a bit insensitive. If they had had Bella at any other time, I really don’t think it would have mattered/no one would have cared.”
- “Did she mean for the name to sound so similar to Annabell?”
- “I feel like there should be a too close when your SIL just had a stillbirth a couple of months back and named the baby Annabell. Yikes.”
Back in September, TV Shows Ace revealed that Josiah and Lauren had already named their baby. We reported, “On her IG post, one fan asked Lauren if they chose a name for their baby yet. Lauren said that they have already chosen one.” At that time, they chose not to reveal the baby’s name to Duggar fans.
A couple months before that, in late June, Joy-Anna suffered her loss. Shortly after her loss, she posted about it on social media and revealed the baby’s name, Annabell.
It’s possible that Josiah and Lauren had the name picked out before sharing that they had come up with one. Duggar fans think that Josiah and Lauren should have reconsidered their name choice after Joy-Anna named her baby Annabell.
Overall, fans seem to like the name itself. They especially like the meaning. Some are just unsure about how close it is to Annabell. They are afraid that it will be hard on Joy-Anna.
Are Josiah and Lauren Duggar naming their kids in alphabetical order?
Fans also noticed that Bella’s name begins with a “B”. They think this is interesting. This is because the baby Lauren lost is named Asa. Because of this pattern so far, fans are speculating that the couple might name their kids in alphabetical order. One fan commented, “Are you going for an alphabet theme? Asa, Bella, C, D…”
Of course, it could be purely coincidental. We will only know for sure when their family grows. 26 children is a lot, but the couple is still young and could make it happen. Being in the Duggar family, it’s not unlikely that this couple will have a large family of their own.
Perhaps they just liked the name Bella and its meaning. When the couple talked to Us Weekly after the birth, they said, “After a long and difficult labor, our girl arrived. When we finally got to see and hold our precious Bella Milagro all the pain instantly went away. We can’t believe she is ours — she is so perfect! She definitely has lived up to her name which means, ‘beautiful miracle.’ Today we are basking in God’s goodness!”
What do you think about the baby’s name? Do you think it’s too close to Annabell, or do you think it’s okay? How about the alphabet idea? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts.
Don’t miss the Duggar family on Counting On on TLC Tuesdays.
- ‘Bringing Up Bates’ Why Fans Think Lawson Has Hit Hard Times - September 29, 2023
- Will Lydia Bates Not Be Deported Because Of U.S. Born Child? - September 29, 2023
- Jen Arnold Shares Sweet Pic Of Son, Will, Amid Nasty Backlash - September 29, 2023